In August 2014 the Project Team visited eight barracks sites in Co. Armagh. Entries providing details of the location of each site, as well as images, descriptions and histories, are available below:
- Armagh City 1 (or Armagh Gaol)
- Armagh City 2 (or Gough Barracks)
- Fourmile House
- Johnston’s Fews
We would like to express our gratitude to the local residents who assisted us during the research trip and provided valuable information for the Co. Armagh Barracks Pilot Study webpages.
- Brian Hoey, Gap o’ the North Hillwalking Club.
- Fr Dermot Maloney.
- Dr Neil McGleenon, Secretary of Markethill Historical Society.
- Mary McHugh.
- Sam McHugh.
- Kevin Murphy.
- Seamus Murphy, Gap o’ the North Hillwalking Club.
- Dr Pádraigín Ní Uallacháín.
- Una Walsh.
We are also grateful to the following people for their assistance with the website:
- Eoin Scarlett, Transition year Student, The High School
- Jeff McKay, Transition Year Student, Wesley College